Accident Reporting Procedure:
- First Aider or appointed person (the Nominated person) to record the details of the accident / injury to the member of staff (trainee) in the Accident Report Book. (Which must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998)
- Give the Accident Report Book entry an Identification Number.
- Decide if the accident fits the R.I.D.D.O.R. requirements. – If NO, take no further action
- In the event of the injured person being absent from their employment for over three days, or their being at work, but unable to carry out their NORMAL duties as a result of their injuries, then a ‘Report of an Injury or Dangerous Occurrence’ – Form F2508 must be completed and sent to the Enforcing Authority.
- Send the completed Form F2508 to the Local Enforcing Authority, this will be either:-
The Local Health and Safety Executive Office,
The Local Council’s Environmental Health Department / Officer.
Such notification should be sent to the Enforcing Authority within 10 days of the accident date.Alternatively: Accident Notifications can now be telephoned direct to HSE’s Incident Control Centre in Caerphilly on 0845 300 9923, with the Form F2508 either being sent by
• Faxed on: 0845 300 9924
• E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Or via the HSE’s own web page: www.hse.gov.uk